Friday, August 8, 2008

I-Otter

So someone asked me why Otter...
It's actually something strangers ask me all the time, but I'm not certain if my friends know. Somehow most people I become friends with just accept that I am Otter, no questions asked.
Anyway, I became Otter when my oldest was about a year old (11 years ago.) My husband and possibly some friends, I'm not certain, compared me to a mother Otter because of how I would cuddle and play with the baby. It stuck and I began reading more about Otters. I particularly liked Ring of Bright Water, by Gavin Maxwell. I still don't know as much about Otters as I should, but I sure do love the creatures and am proud to be one.

1 comment:

A Child's World said...

I just assumed that Otter was the name that your parents gave you. It seems to suit you well.